Artwork Competition 2018
AHV household members, between 5 and 18 years of age, are invited to submit their own artwork for the chance to feature on the cover of AHV's Annual report for 2017/18.
What is the theme?
This year, NAIDOC Week will celebrate the invaluable contributions that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women have made - and continue to make - to our communities, our families, our rich history and to our nation.
We encourage AHV's young household members to think about this year's NAIDOC theme - 'Because of her, we can!' when creating your artwork. Think about the women in your life who influence you, any activities you might do together or moments you have shared that hold a special place in your heart.
Who can enter?
Entrants must be a household member of an AHV property, between 5 and 18 years of age. Winners will be selected from the below four age categories*:
- 5 to 8 year olds
- 9 to 12 year olds
- 13 to 15 year olds
- 16 to 18 year olds
* your age is determined by how old you are on the closing date of submissions (31 May, 2018)
What can you win?
Judges will select an overall winner who will receive a gift voucher in addition to their artwork featuring on the front cover of the AHV Annual Report for 2017/18. Winners from each category will also be selected and receive a gift voucher. All submissions will be in the running to be used thoughout the AHV Annual Report and in other AHV publications, social media and printed materials.
Competition opens: 1 March, 2018
Competition closes: 31 May, 2018 (artwork must be received by 5pm)
Winners announced: 11 July, 2018 (at AHV NAIDOC Family Day)
- Only one artwork submission per entrant
- Artwork must be on paper (not cardboard or other materials)
- Artwork must not be mounted or framed
- Artwork must be on A3 paper (420mm x 297mm) - can be vertical or horizontal
- Any art materails may be used to create your piece (eg: pencils, markers, paints) but artwork must be two-dimensional
To find out how to enter and read the full terms and conditions, download the Entry Form.