Please see below available positions thank you.
Senior Policy Officer – Aboriginal Housing – Identified Aboriginal Position
• Work Type/s: Full time, 2 year contract
• Location: Based in Melbourne ( North Fitzroy)
• Applications close: 8th May 2019
Aboriginal Housing Victoria (AHV) is an Aboriginal community organisation responsible for managing over 1,500 rental properties for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders living in Victoria. AHV’s vision is to ensure that Aboriginal Victorians secure appropriate, affordable housing as a pathway to better lives and stronger communities.
We are seeking applications from highly motivated, reliable people who are keen to work in an Aboriginal organisation that is taking the next step towards self-determination and self-management by ensuring that the organisation is able to maintain a sustainable and financially viable housing portfolio across Victoria for Aboriginal people.
The Senior Policy Officer reports to the CEO and is responsible for policy work in respect of developing documenting and embedding policy positions of AHV. The role will research, analyse, and evaluate a wide range of information and options to develop policy proposals
The Senior Policy Officer will:
- Effectively represent AHV’s position in a range of government and community forums and working groups
- Undertake research and analysis for policy and program development
- Provide high quality and timely advice and written materials
- Coordinate a range of business plans and other reports for the CEO, Executive Management Group, the Board and its sub-Committees
- Keep abreast of current stakeholder reports, data and other information sources and their impact on AHV
- Contribute to the development of strategies which will enable AHV to deliver efficient and effective services to the community
- Project management including planning, resource implementation and achievement of agreed deliverables
We are looking for someone who will bring a client centred focus to the role and with the following key attributes and skills:
- Identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander with thorough working knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and societies and demonstrate the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively within this environment
- Experience in developing a diverse range of corporate and operational policies, program procedures and manuals
- Demonstrated ability to clearly present information writing and verbally with ability to communicate complex concepts
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of the roles of Local, State and Federal Governments in the community housing sector.
- Highly organised with ability to work on multiple tasks, with competing priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
This position is based in our North Fitzroy office.
A current Victorian driver’s license, National Police records check and a Working With Children Check are required for this position.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants only may apply.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria in the position description by COB 8th May 2019. A copy of the Position Description can be found at the link below.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com using the subject line: Senior Policy Officer
Please direct enquiries about the position to John Templeman on 9403 2157.
Housing Officer - Mildura
- Work Type/s: Full Time
- Location: Mildura
- Applications close: 20th May 2019
Aboriginal Housing Victoria (AHV) is an Aboriginal community organisation responsible for managing over 1,500 rental properties for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders living in Victoria. AHV’s vision is to ensure that Aboriginal Victorians secure appropriate and affordable housing as a pathway to better lives and stronger communities.
We are seeking applications from highly motivated, reliable people who are keen to work in an organisation that is working to maintain a sustainable and financially viable housing portfolio across Victoria for Aboriginal people.
The role of the Housing Officer (HO) is critical in establishing sustainable tenancies with AHV's client base.
Working within the framework of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (Vic) and AHV’s policies and guidelines the HO is responsible for property management duties, including sign up of new tenants, rent payment, arrears management, terminated tenants and vacated properties. The HO is also critical in building relationships with support services to assist clients and support community capacity building.
Key attributes and skills required for the role include:
- Resilience and empathy
- Sound judgement skills
- Initiative and prioritisation skills
- Collaboration and team work
- Confidence in using a range of IT systems
- Written and verbal communication skills
- A current Victorian driver’s license, National Police records check and a Working with Children Check.
Previous Housing Association experience preferred.
In return we offer:
- A competitive remuneration and generous salary packaging benefits that increase your take home pay
- An organisation that is genuine about kindness, compassion, courtesy and dignity
- Job satisfaction from making a difference every day
- A friendly and supportive work environment.
Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities will be well regarded but we will fully support the cultural development of an experienced Housing Officer looking to broaden their community experience.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
Position based in Mildura with travel to the region.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria in the attached position description by COB 20th May 2019. Email to Jobs@ahvic.org.au
Please direct enquiries about the role to Libby V on 0437 109 759.