Please see below for available positions.
Senior Policy Officer
Employer: Aboriginal Housing Victoria
Work Type: Full time, 2 year contract
Location: Based in Melbourne (North Fitzroy)
Applications close: 31 December 2019
Aboriginal Housing Victoria (AHV) is an Aboriginal community organisation responsible for managing over 1,500 rental properties for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders living in Victoria. AHV’s vision is to ensure that Aboriginal Victorians secure appropriate, affordable housing as a pathway to better lives and stronger communities.
We are seeking applications from highly motivated, reliable people who are keen to work in an Aboriginal organisation that is taking the next step towards self-determination and self-management by ensuring that the organisation is able to maintain a sustainable and financially viable housing portfolio across Victoria for Aboriginal people.
The Senior Policy Officer reports to the CEO and is responsible for policy work in respect of developing documenting and embedding policy positions of AHV. The role will research, analyse, and evaluate a wide range of information and options to develop policy proposals
The Senior Policy Officer will:
• Effectively represent AHV’s position in a range of government and community forums and working groups
• Undertake research and analysis for policy and program development
• Provide high quality and timely advice and written materials
• Coordinate a range of business plans and other reports for the CEO, Executive Management Group, the Board and its sub-Committees
• Keep abreast of current stakeholder reports, data and other information sources and their impact on AHV
• Contribute to the development of strategies which will enable AHV to deliver efficient and effective services to the community
• Project management including planning, resource implementation and achievement of agreed deliverables
We are looking for someone who will bring a client centred focus to the role and with the following key attributes and skills:
• Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and societies and demonstrate the ability to communicate sensitively and effectively within this environment
• Experience in developing a diverse range of corporate and operational policies, program procedures and manuals
• Demonstrated ability to clearly present information writing and verbally with ability to communicate complex concepts
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills with a diverse range of stakeholders
• Knowledge of the roles of Local, State and Federal Governments in the community housing sector.
• Highly organised with ability to work on multiple tasks, with competing priorities and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
A current Victorian driver’s license, National Police records check and a Working with Children Check are required for this position.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria by COB 31 December 2019.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Senior Policy Officer
Please direct enquiries about the position to John Templeman on 0408 566 573.