Please see below available positions thank you.
Housing Officer - Barwon Region
Work Type/s: Full Time
Location: Warnambool or Geelong
Applications close: 1 March 2019
Aboriginal Housing Victoria (AHV) is an Aboriginal community organisation responsible for managing over 1,500 rental properties for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders living in Victoria. AHV’s vision is to ensure that Aboriginal Victorians secure appropriate and affordable housing as a pathway to better lives and stronger communities.
We are seeking applications from highly motivated, reliable people who are keen to work in an organisation that is working to maintain a sustainable and financially viable housing portfolio across Victoria for Aboriginal people.
The role of the Housing Officer (HO) is critical in establishing sustainable tenancies with AHV's client base. Working within the framework of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (Vic) and AHV’s policies and guidelines the HO is responsible for property management duties, including sign up of new tenants, rent payment, arrears management, terminated tenants and vacated properties. The HO is also critical in building relationships with support services to assist clients and support community capacity building.
Key attributes and skills required for the role include:
- Resilience and empathy
- Sound judgement skills
- Initiative and prioritisation skills
- Collaboration and team work
- Confidence in using a range of IT systems
- Written and verbal communication skills
- A current Victorian driver’s license, National Police records check and a Working With Children Check.
Previous Housing Association experience preferred.
In return we offer:
- A competitive remuneration and generous salary packaging benefits that increase your take home pay
- An organisation that is genuine about kindness, compassion, courtesy and dignity
- Job satisfaction from making a difference every day
- A friendly and supportive work environment.
Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities will be well regarded but we will fully support the cultural development of an experienced Housing Officer looking to broaden their community experience.
Only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants can apply,
Position based in either Warrnambool or Geelong with travel to Barwon region
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria in the attached position description by COB 1st March 2019. Email to Lauree.M@ahvic.org.au
Please direct enquiries about the role to Libby V on 0447 573 563.
Internal Audit Officer
Work Type/s: Full Time, 12 month contract initially with the possibility of a permanent role after that point
Salary sacrifice benefits
Location: North Fitzroy
Applications close: 31 January 2019
Aboriginal Housing Victoria (AHV) is an Aboriginal community organisation responsible for managing over 1,500 rental properties for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders living in Victoria. AHV’s vision is to ensure that Aboriginal Victorians secure appropriate, affordable housing as a pathway to better lives and stronger communities.
We are seeking applications from highly motivated, reliable people who are keen to work in an Aboriginal organisation that is taking the next step towards self-determination and self-management.
The Finance Team is responsible for managing all financial aspects of the organisation. The Internal Audit officer will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will focus on the planning executing and preparation of audit reports. The Internal Audit Officer will be someone with a excellent knowledge of the Australian Accounting Standards with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in audit including developing audit plans
We are looking for someone who will bring a client centred focus to the role and with the following key attributes and skills:
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and current issues affecting Aboriginal Australians.
- Sound knowledge of accounting practices and statutory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and resolve complex issues
- Good presentation, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Experience with PC based accounting software and good computing skills
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as part of a team
This position is based in our North Fitzroy office.
A National Police records check and a Working with Children Check are required for this position.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria in the position description by COB 31 January 2018
Applications should be sent to: Deep.Fernando@ahvic.org.au using the subject line: Internal Audit Officer
Please direct enquiries about the position to Deep Fernando, CFO, on 9403 2141.