AHV Talent Community
Hello! We'd love for you to connect with us!
Property Compliance Officer - Swan Hill/ Mildura region
- Work Type/s: Full Time, ongoing contract
- Location: Northern Victoria with travel required to Swan Hill/ Mildura/ Shepparton/ Bendigo/ Echuca
- Applications close: 15 February 2023
The Property Compliance Officer (PCO) is primarily responsible for the inspection of AHV properties and assessment of their condition for the purposes of assisting AHV understand the condition of its housing stock and to contribute to the development of capital works programs and effective management of assets.
The PCO activities will contribute to ensuring AHV achieves its strategic directions as set out in the business plan by assisting the organisation to understand the quality and condition of the stock it maintains and manage its assets in accordance with AHV’s strategic objectives. This in turn will support AHV in its contribution to the self-determination and self-management of the Victorian Aboriginal Community.
We are looking for someone who will bring a client centred focus to the role and with the following key attributes and skills (KSC):
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people.
- Sound knowledge and experience in the application of relevant statutory Building Codes, Acts and Regulations and residential construction techniques and methods.
- Up to date knowledge of current quality assurance and OH&S standards in relation to the residential building industry.
- The ability to monitor data integrity and apply appropriate procedures for maintaining accurate records.
- The ability to build rapport and work with clients with complex needs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to present to a range of audiences
- Knowledge of the community housing sector and an understanding of the issues it faces.
- Strong attention to detail and exceptional time management skills with the ability to prioritise a demanding work load.
- Ability to work autonomously and to operate at a high level of personal responsibility for the effective completion of tasks.
This position will be based in the Northern Victoria region and working from home when required.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria in the attached position description by COB 15 February 2023.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com using the subject line: Property Compliance Officer
Please direct enquiries about the role to Bruno on 0427 077 931.
Expression of Interest for Board Directorships
AHV maintains a mix of Directors on the Board from different backgrounds, with complementary skills and experience in the areas of business, governance, asset management, law, finance and accounting, communications, and social housing and Aboriginal community controlled sectors.
AHV is undertaking an open expression of interest (EOI) process, to attract suitably qualified candidates for future directorships on the AHV Board. We are particularly interested in seeking Aboriginal candidates, including Aboriginal women.
We are intending to establish a register of interested candidates who have been assessed as demonstrating the potential skills and attributes required, for nomination to Director vacancies as they become available. Wherever possible, AHV will seek to appoint Aboriginal candidates but we recognise this may not always be possible.
An EOI information pack is available that provides details on the EOI process, and the skills and attributes for selection of candidates. An EOI form is also included.
A copy of the EOI pack is available by contacting Georgie Larkins, Secretariat Policy Officer at AHV via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested potential candidates are requested to complete and return the EOI form.