AHV Talent Community
Hello! We'd love for you to connect with us!
- Work Type/s: Full time, 12 month contract
- Location: Based in Melbourne
- Applications close: 30 September 2023
The Division of Strategy and Performance (DSP) primary role is to drive key strategies, advocacy and communications that improve Aboriginal housing and homelessness outcomes.
The unit does this by supporting AHV, the Aboriginal Housing and Homelessness Forum members, Community Housing Organisations (CHOs), Local Government and Homes Victoria in leading the coordination in policy development, partner and stakeholder engagement and advocacy efforts.
The Aboriginal Navigator – Housing Registration is an employee of AHV but co-located at AHV (head office) and in the office of the Victorian Housing Registrar. The role will focus on:
- Strengthening understandings of the critical role of governance in meeting housing regulatory requirements.
- Strengthening senior management and Board director understanding of regulatory requirements in advance of commencing the registration application process.
- Building a shared understanding of the governance systems and resourcing requirements, the importance of housing program financial viability and the business orientation of housing.
- Strengthening understanding of the requirements outlined in the housing performance standards and the expected level of performance for specific ACCOs/TOs with a housing portfolio of a certain scale and growth expectations.
We are looking for someone who will bring a client-centred focus to the role and with the following key attributes and skills (KSC):
- Awareness and appreciation of Victorian Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Victoria including the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people and the contemporary impact of colonisation and discrimination in the context of Aboriginal homelessness and housing exclusion.
- Understanding of the specific issues that organisations need to address to communicate effectively with the Victorian Aboriginal community and local Elders.
- A well-developed understanding of Victoria’s social and community housing systems including regulatory frameworks, or ability to quickly attain this understanding.
- Experience in managing strategic policy, advocacy, and communications.
- Ability to apply sound judgement when determining the needs of individual organisations and tailor your approach to suit.
- Highly organised with the ability to work on multiple tasks and manage competing priorities within agreed timeframes.
- Ability to quickly identify when escalation or additional information is required and seek advice and expertise without hesitation.
- The ability to clearly and concisely present information both in writing and verbally, together with the ability to communicate complex concepts to a broad audience.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a professional and ethical manner under pressure and to tight deadlines.
This position will be based at AHV's Fitzroy North office and in the office of the Victorian Housing Registrar, East Melbourne.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria in the attached position description by COB 30 September 2023.
Applications should be sent to email@example.com with the subject line: Aboriginal Navigator.
Please direct enquiries about the position to Zoe on 0466 964 493.
Expression of Interest for Board Directorships
AHV maintains a mix of Directors on the Board from different backgrounds, with complementary skills and experience in the areas of business, governance, asset management, law, finance and accounting, communications, and social housing and Aboriginal community controlled sectors.
AHV is undertaking an open expression of interest (EOI) process, to attract suitably qualified candidates for future directorships on the AHV Board.
For the 2023 EOI round, AHV is seeking EOIs from Aboriginal candidates only.
We looking to add to our established register of candidates who have been assessed as demonstrating the potential skills and attributes required, for nomination to Director vacancies as they become available.
The AHV Board Director Position Description is available in the below attachment.
An EOI information pack is available that provides details on the EOI process, and the skills and attributes for selection of candidates. An EOI form is also included.
A copy of the EOI pack is available by contacting Deb Connell, Senior Policy Officer at AHV via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested potential candidates are requested to complete and return the EOI form by COB Thursday 31 August 2023.