Housing Officer – Bendigo Region
- Work Type/s: full time, ongoing
- Location: Bendigo
- Applications close: COB 12 March 2021
This position is only open to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants
We are seeking applications from highly motivated, reliable people who are keen to work in an organisation that is working to maintain a sustainable and financially viable housing portfolio across Victoria for Aboriginal people.
The role of the Housing Officer (HO) is critical in establishing sustainable tenancies with AHV's client base. Working within the framework of the Residential Tenancies Act 1997 (Vic) and AHV’s policies and guidelines, the HO is responsible for property management duties, including sign up of new tenants, rent payment, arrears management, terminated tenants and vacated properties. The HO is also critical in building relationships with support services to assist clients and support community capacity building.
Key attributes and skills required for the role include:
- Resilience and empathy
- Sound judgement skills
- Initiative and prioritisation skills
- Collaboration and team work
- Confidence in using a range of IT systems
- Written and verbal communication skills
- A current Victorian driver’s license, National Police records check and a Working with Children Check.
Previous Housing Association experience preferred.
In return we offer:
- A competitive remuneration and generous salary packaging benefits that increase your take home pay
- An organisation that is genuine about kindness, compassion, courtesy and dignity
- Job satisfaction from making a difference every day
- A friendly and supportive work environment.
Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities will be well regarded but we will fully support the cultural development of an experienced Housing Officer looking to broaden their community experience.
Only Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people may apply.
Position based in Bendigo with travel required.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter addressing the key selection criteria in the attached position description by COB 12 March 2021.
Email to email@example.com
Please direct enquiries about the role to Libby on 0437 109 759